6.13.2013

into light
24x36
oil on newspaper covered canvas

"Into Light" came about during the show I did in Harrisburg over Memorial Day.  At most shows I paint.  I love to paint, and I love that people can see how paintings come to be - ugly duckling stage and all.  I get asked all the time whether it bothers me to have people looking over my shoulder.  My response is emphatically no...I LOVE IT.  People get excited to see a painting in action, and their excitement is contagious and goes directly into the painting.  My demo pieces are always so full of life and energy from all the patrons that come by.  In essence, it ends up being a collaboration.  "Into Light" is no exception. It is one of my favorite pieces and straddles a wonderful line between a quiet calmness to a sense of light and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment