5.20.2013

Open Studio Tour

On Wednesday of last week, after two weeks of going back and forth with the sales guys at Flourish, I purchased my new fancy art show tent.  It was a major investment, and continues to give me anxiety when I really think about it. I used it for the first time this weekend...and it was awesome!

The Chester County Open Studio Tour happened this weekend.  It was my very first year on the tour and Jeff Schaller was kind enough to have me as a guest artist at his studio in Downingtown. There were five artists there, including Jeff and they all had quite a bit more experience then me...which was great because I learned so much.

Saturday was cloudy but the rain held off.  It was pretty steady all day, and I met some really wonderful patrons.  Sunday, it drizzled all day...but people kept coming by steadily, many of whom were back for the second day in a row.  I met some great folks, had a great time joking around with the other artists and have huge studio envy thanks to Jeff Schaller's amazing set up!

It was a GREAT weekend...especially since I spent it in my new tent!  If you didn't get a chance to make it out for the tour this year, you can check out all of the artists that participated on the website link above.  Sign up for their newsletter to stay updated on next years events.


No comments:

Post a Comment