11.05.2012

Sun and Planets

Sun and Planets
During the day, the boys and I have craft time.  They usually finger paint or play with their play-doh and I spend time working on my series of children's art.  For one, it gives me a little brake from my more serious cityscapes and commissioned work, and two, I use acrylics on these pieces so I can work on them downstairs with the boys.  The Sun and Planets series was created on canvas covered in torn pages from an old phone book.   The names of the planets were letters cut out from political ads that have been piling up in my recycling box. I used both acrylics and colored pencil to add the color.
close up of the SUN

 I've posted this series in my Etsy shop if you are interested in learning more about purchasing prints or the originals.


No comments:

Post a Comment