8.26.2012

Before the Wharf Opens

"Before the Wharf Opens"
Oil on Canvas
24x30(2012)
During our cross country road trip, we stayed over night in Monterey, CA.  This one one of my favorite spots we stopped - and hope to go back and visit for a few more days.  Because of the time difference, I was up at sunrise and decided to sneak down to the wharf, right down the street from our hotel.  I grabbed a steamy cup of coffee from the cafe next to the hotel and walked a few blocks.  Although I was one of the first people to arrive, there were plenty of barking seals there to greet me.

Upcoming Show Info-

This weekend, we are headed up to Amagansett, NY for their fine art festival.  Nana will be here with the boys, which will allow us some time to do some sight seeing and maybe even enjoy a nice dinner just the two of us *gasp*.  I am looking forward to seeing Montauk and the Hamptons for the first time, and hope to come back with some great reference material for future paintings.  I've heard that they have some little shop lined streets that I have to check out.

The following weekend (Sept. 8-9) is The Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square.  I will be located on State Street between Marshall and Broad.  There will be so much going on for the whole family, so this one would be a great festival to stop out for.

The last show of the summer is in New Hope Sept. 29-30 for the New Hope Arts Festival.   My booth is Y-309.  This is a well established festival and also will have things to do for the whole family.

After New Hope, I'll be spending all my energy on preparing for my solo show at the Phoenix Village Art Center.  We are still in the process of nailing down a month, but it is narrowed down to Jan, Feb or April.


No comments:

Post a Comment