1.02.2010

Powell Street, San Francisco

Powell Stree, San Francisco
24x30
Mixed Media
Powell Street, San Francisco

Early on in 2009, I had an opportunity to travel to San Francisco for a few days. I took the train downtown and walked around for the afternoon. I came upon Powell St. and loved all the hustle and bustle going on. It was a great location to sketch with the trademark hill, cable cars, and people all over. I took some photos and did some sketching of the area and came up with this mixed media painting. I layered my canvas in newspaper applied with clear gesso. I then used vine charcoal and graphite to sketch into the canvas. I used lots of transparent layers of acrylic to get the desired effect. You can still see in some small areas some exposed newspaper which adds to the foggy look of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment